Thursday, August 20, 2009

There is a reason why we met someone

I just finished my tour in Himeji Castle. In freaking hot weather, took a break and had some drinks would be the best choice for avoiding any possibilities of dying from dehydration. While enjoying my ice cream, i suddenly heard somebody played a song. So familiar that I quicky knew that the song is called "Bengawan Solo", a very popular song composed by Gesang. A song that tells the story about Bengawan Solo, a river so famous in my hometown. And it is Solo, my hometown.

I finished my last bite quickly and run toward the man playing the song with his flute. I was standing 10 meters from him, watching him playing the flute and enjoying the melody. It was close to tear for me to hear that song in Japanese soil. the first time for me.. and he played it beautifully.

I thanked him for playing the song, a song that reminds me much of my hometown. He sounds so surprise then he asked about where is my hometown. I said, my hometown is Solo, a small city where the river lies and was named after. It was somehow a surpise for him. He actually never knew that Solo is the name of a city . He only know the song from YouTube and played it that day. I was then the one taken by surprise knowing that a man who knew nothing about my hometown could play that song so beautifully.

In my mind, there might be just simple reason why we met. For him, it might be about learning about Solo. And for me, it might be about healing the pain from missing my hometown so much. As simple as that...

But no matter what, I knew our path has crossed. But sadly it might well be that we would never meet again. Yet, I will always thankful for meeting him that day. He made me realize that my hometown is indeed lies in my heart. That even know in Japan, I can called a place where I live, "home".


I've heard it said, that people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led, to those who help us most to grow
If we let them, and we help them in return



p.s.
To you who played the song so beautifully, I thank you

originally written on August 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment