Thursday, August 20, 2009

a-supposed-hair-makeover

Fashion disaster or hair makeover turn disaster can happen to anyone. Trust me on this.

Take for example actors or actresses. They love to change their hair do. Some of them made it well into the gossip headline, others got the fashion police slapping on their face in front of national television. Well, if I thought that I could escape the fate just because I am not an artist, I am surely perfectly wrong!

It happened couple week ago when I felt like the time for another hair cut has come. I had lived with this hair style for over 6 months. So, I guess a fresh cut will do. Plus another straight perm after that. So, I came to local famous hair salon in a hope for better style. But my oh my.. don’t judge the salon for its fame. I came out of the salon feeling no good and all the people who met me that day asked what’s wrong with my hair. I feel so bad the whole day. Then my mom offered me a kind help. Fix my hair a bit. So, I got a second cut of the day.

Still, I felt so bad every time I looked at my self in the mirror. I kept asking two of my friends who came with me for a vacation how did my hair look. I guess I kept nagging them on that one particular question that has a magnitude of atom missile to eliminate all their patient.

Then, all of a sudden, when I asked Haruka how’s my hair for I had no idea how many times already, she finally said
“What’s important is your smile, Nurul. It doesn’t matter what hair do you have, good or bad. All you need to do is smiling and its all okay”.

I startled when she said that. Then I realize how true that word is. Yes, it is not my hair that matter. What matter is whether I keep my smile or not. Cause when we smile, the world could smile too. I hugged Haruka and thanked her for the best advice she just gave me. I smile, not because of my hair, but because I know I am lucky to have Haruka as my friend. Since that day, I started to like my hair no matter what. Then, I found how to live with it, in its new style.


originally written on March 16, 2009

0 comments:

Post a Comment