Thursday, August 20, 2009

Its time for Indonesian music

ndonesian songs never actually been my favorite. My iPod usually is dominated with Korean, Chinese or Japan music. Especially Japanese songs when I was about to depart to Kyoto for school. But since I landed my feet here, I just want to listen to Indonesian songs, over and over again. I have to admit that some Japanese songs were really stuck in my head during my first two months in Kyoto. Yet now! I can't help not you scroll my fingers in youtube to listen to Indonesian songs, new one. And I found that some of them are really good, something that I never openly admit before. Like what my friends did the other day, we just listen or download them when we get really bored.

Perhaps, I always take Indonesian music for granted. When I was at home, I could listen to it every single day. I didn't have to go to youtube to listen to it. All i need to do was just turn my tv on at 9.00 in the morning, and there were 2 music programs live. Or turned my radio before i sleep, and I could listen to some oldies ones. But here, in Japan, I cannot do that. Suddenly, I miss all of that. I miss listen to music that I can understand in an instant. A music sang in my mother tongue. A music that can moved my heart and my mind without taking any effort to translate them. A music that has been with me for so long, a good friend that never ask for more. The one that I take for granted. And when I loose it, I miss it so much coz I finally realize how precious it was. Thanks God that it is Indonesian music. I can reach it back, bring it back into my life. An easy one..

I realize that we, human, probably take so many things for granted as well. Like myself, probably, I never realize what that things were until I lost it. And usually, it is so precious that we cannot ask any technology to help us bring it back. I hope I can be smart enough to realize that precious things, cherish it while i have it. I am happy though, I have found one. It called friendship.. A friendship that complete me, my comfort zone


Originally written on december 4, 2008

0 comments:

Post a Comment