Thursday, August 20, 2009

the sun is just too shy today

This weekend, I think will appear to be a though week. I just finished this the first day of whole week fall intensive class on Global cooperation, major in energy policy. The class starts at 10 and ends at 4. And the proffessor is just though. The thoughest I ever see so far. God.. I think I just have to work harder. Yeah.. at least for this week only. One thing though, while we are talking about energy efficiency and some sort of, the classroom is soooo not likely to imply that topic. You know why? because in this freezing autumn, the class is colder than outside the building! huuuahahaahahaha... they still turn on the air con. Just like the bus I ride yesterday.

Talking about paradox, there is one more. My professor said that mailing list helps to establish your network and get all sort of information that you actually need in time. But then again, it really doesnt apply to me. Am I the one who feel weird in this case? Cuz here`s the deal. Just moments ago, I realized how messy and unorganized my email is. Tooo many unread email. Then I realized that many of those emails came from all that mailing lists that I join volunterarily. At the end, I just read the title, check all those unread email, and delete it. Without even bothering whether they have something important or not. At the end, this mailing lists system is really a pain in my head. Have to figure out how to use them properly. Got to be sooner, I guess..

While messing myself with deleting all those email, a friend sent me a nice writing by George Carlin. Ahh.. if you ask me who this person is, you wont get anything. Anyway.. George Carlin wrote something interesting stuff though. I`ll quote it here

*******

A Message by George Carlin:

The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways , but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgement, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbour. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

So...

Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.


******

While reading this, I realized that Iget used to stay up really late for the past couple of years. Then sometimes, I wake up too tired that I almost hate to drag myself out of bed in the morning. I guess.. no wonder if I fall for the warmth of autumn sunshine. Its sooo warm that I almost unable to do anything else than embrace it in front of my window. Just a couple of minutes, though.. coz I have to hurry to school. But today, the sun is too shy that it let the cloud to do the job of coloring the sky with its plain white turns to grey color. So, to make it colorful, I just turn on my IPod and listen to some colorful music along the way. So, reminds me to give one nobel price to Ipod inventer later the days. Just in case I forget it...

Good day everyone ^_^



originally written on November 3, 2008

0 comments:

Post a Comment