Sunday, January 6, 2013

Travel2Europe : Visa oh Visa

Having schengen visa pasted on my passport doesn't equal with easy process for another schengen visa.

So let me begins with from the very first process. Since I would be landing in Milan, me and Tia (my traveling buddy) decided to apply our visa to the Embassy of Italy. We decided to apply 8 weeks before our departure. And that 5 weeks was one of the most horrifying processes that took place along our journey.

The nightmare began with the super strict regulation in the Embassy but without any supporting mechanism. So, Tia applied through the Embassy website given to her by the VFS Italy (where the Embassy seconded the visa application) since the queue in VFS reached until 1 month. It means that we will not get our turn until 4 weeks ahead. So, Tia applied in the Embassy website and managed to get an appointment. But we thought that the application remains with the VFS since we heard that all applications are seconded there.

When we got into VFS that morning, we found that our name was not on the list and we were informed that our name most likely listed in the Embassy of Italy in Jakarta. So we rushed to the Embassy and found that my name is not on the list. I was prevented to go inside because my name was not on the guest list. But thanks to our persistence, they allow me to come inside and see if my name is listed there. And it appears not! My name is definitely not on the list although Tia ensured to the officer that during the appointment process, she already press "two visas" appointment. But rule is rule. If my name is not there, I will not be allowed to submit my application. I was doomed!

Our last resort was the travel agent where we booked our ticket. Lucky for us, they are ready to help. So we got our application submitted through them and we got an appointment a week after we handed all our documents to the travel agent. So this is the ACTUAL documents we have to submit to VFS Global in Jakarta for our tourist visa (Some I copied from the website)

1.Application form duly completed and signed by the applicant
2.Two recent color photo (size 35mm x 45mm with white or very light background and in accordance with the I.C.A.O. standards)
3.Valid passport (valid for at least 3 months beyond the last day of the intended stay in the Schengen area)
4.Copy of passport’s bio-data page and of pages with changes/endorsements (if any).
5.Travel insurance for the whole period of stay (please see Note A).
6.Employment letter stating the applicant’s position of work, duration of employment and the confirmation to the effect that the applicant has been granted leave for the period corresponding to the stay in Schengen area and is expected to report back on duty. Also attach one copy of the company registration (i.e. SIUP or TDP).
7.Bank Reference Letter and an authenticated copy of recent personal bank statement over the last three months (This is two separate documents).
8.Original or copy print-out of confirmed flight-booking or air ticket from travel agent/airline. It should prove that the stay in the Schengen area does not exceed 90 days.
9.Copy of confirmed hotel voucher/hotel reservation for the whole period of stay. In case of stay in a private house please see note B. (Note that they will not accept any break in between hotels if you wish to take a night train or bus. Either way, submit your travel ticket as replacement)
10.Copy of the Family Card / birth certificate.
11. Copy of credit card (front page)

(For full information, see following VFS Page: http://www.vfsglobal.com/italy/indonesia/index.html)

We went back and forth because we had to complete our hotels while actually we plan to take night bus and night train in between our travel. But due to regulation, we changed our plan and went with the extra hotel booking.

Due to all the nitty gritty of the visa application, I was about to give up this journey. Not to mention that the Embassy called us for visa interview a week later. I had an office assignment so I changed the date. Lucky me, they allowed me to do that. More lucky, Tia who had interview a day before mine, somehow managed to put a great interview that the Officer allowed me not to attend the interview. After all, we both had the same itinerary.

God had His plan ready, so a week after the interview, we were informed that our visa application was done. We only need to pick up our visa in the travel agent. We GOT it! yahooo... So, with this, all is done deal.

I was set to go to Europe. Italy, Spain and France.. They better got ready to welcome me!  =D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nuruuul!!! Glad you made it!!! Gue juga apply visa pelajar ke Perancis bok, prosesnya bikin jantung koroneeer! Tapi alhamdulillah I got it!!! :D

Kayla Nurul said...

wuuuaaaahhh... Alhamdulilaaahh.. selamat ya neeengg... dikau kapan berangkat? Dapet sekolah dimana?

Post a Comment