Sunday, September 23, 2012

SHINee @ SMTown in Jakarta: IMO

Late bloomer strikes again!

This time is SMTown World Tour III in Jakarta. Held for the first time in Jakarta, a total of 7 artists and groups under SM Entertainment entertained almost 30.000 fans with their biggest hits. Having called my self an avid Shawol, to see SHINee live in action is a must. The last I saw them was in Bangkok when they performed in 2012 Korean Music Wave in Bangkok. Since I was there for a workshop, to see them alive is sooo good! 

Fast forward six months, I got another go at seeing them for SMTown. This concert should be special since all SM artists will be there including my second bias, Super Junior. If you asked me if I liked it or not? My answer will be YES!! but not more than SHINee World Concert.

All SM artists performed their biggest hits combined with some mashups. The most memorable performance will go to Taemin-Jonghyun's Internet War. That was HOT!! I mean.. seeing it in real is soooo different. Taemin is no longer a baby! The other one is Super Junior's Superman and SHINee's lucifer and sherlock. I kinna like SNSD's taxi too. 

I like SHINee's lucifer because they mashed the song with electronic dance which caught my attention when I saw the first time in LA. But somehow, it was not as fun. I don't know.. some fanchant or maybe missing Minho. When they said jump jump, we barely able to do it. The best would go to Sherlock since fans shouted "I am so curious" each time the part was sang. But else, I felt something is missing from their performance. Their robotic-turn-rock Ring Ding Dong simply didn't work despite they sang it live. They missed some parts which clearly bothers me. I don't know if they did it deliberately or not.  Yet, I have to admit that their clear voice during clearly-live performance proven how SHINee has one of the best vocals of the night. But again, singing Ring Ding Dong live in rock mode didn't work. They better shed that off or... I don't know. At least, their "Love like oxygen" and "Juliette" mashup are acceptable. Their water-shed performance was good! 

Ah, and tonight they sang a happy bday song for Key. Our very own Kim Kibum celebrates his birthday today, 23 September. Happy Birthday, Key! keep rockiiinggg!! But to be honest, Key spoke English ackwardly since his members were speechless during the introduction part. They looked like guys who never performed live and know nothing about interaction with audience. Their introduction was plain and short. Compared to Super Junior who clearly made an effort to speak Indonesian, SHINee left no impression. Its either they barely got any time or just like what lot of people say, they lack of stage charisma. But again, claim that they lack in stage charisma is not entirely true. Their solo concert is always enjoyable and fun. I even plan to go for another one in December. But they really need to present themselves like Suju who always great in interacting with fans. Grow up boys! I know you can do it.. Hello Baby tells us that your chatty and witty character is what mesmerize us the most. 

And tonight, Taemin stole the spotlight. He was everywhere! Only Eunhyuk in comparison. He even went to dance with BoA. Noona clearly choose him every time he is around. hehehehehe... well, who doesn't! hahahaahahaha... 

All in all, it was a great night. Seeing SHINee in performances that was made clearly for SMTown. All those mashup was never included in their Arena Tour nor SWC. I clearly enjoyed although I prefer the original version. One more thing, I wish they sang "replay". I want to go to bed having them telling me I am beautiful. hehehehe...

Last but not least, I said goodnight to the boys with Taemin appearing on stage during closing and smile like an angel 


See ya again in December, boys.. Till we meet again, take care.. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment