Saturday, April 7, 2012

Me and my IPod

To let go of something that has been your best buddy for 6 years is not easy

I flew to Bangkok today with a feeling of joy. Cause this is my first time here and my first workshop with Unhcr. Plus, I have a chance to see shinee boys. What can I asked for more? 

Yes, a feeling of losing and despair. After I reached my hotel in Siam, I didn't go check my bag and stuff. I went straight into twitter and Facebook with my iPad. Without realizing that something has been missing. An important part of my life that has been with me for the past 6 years. 

My iPod, my little friend.. 

My iPod has been with me for 6 years. I still remember the day when it entered my life for the first time. Someone was so kind to give it to me as a token of appreciation for my work. A beautiful present that left me speechless for many days afterwards. I had less money at the time while struggle to save some for the future. So, an iPod as an unexpected present was more than I can ask for. 

Knowing how much it worth that days, I kept on restraining myself from using it. But finally, i decided to use it and I never spent a day without it since. Even until today, the day I finally lost my iPod. Somewhere in thailand, now my IPod lies. 

I cried.. And as I call Thai's lost and found, they confirmed my iPod was not in the airplane. So, where it went missing? I don't know.. I really don't know.. I cried again but nothing is changed. Nothing.. My iPod remains missing and I missed it so much now.. 

It feels like I lost a soulmate. My iPod was always with me. Traveled with me everywhere. Literally everywhere. Sometimes I forgot to bring it, but only sometimes. It was there when I had a good time. It was there too when the times were rough for me. It always was there with me, through bad and good times. My sanctuary, my comfort pole. The songs restored there are witness to my ups and down. My saving grace. It never complained but one time when I need to reset it. But it never disappointed me.. So silent in keeping my hand and my heart.

I remember crying in the plane, in the bus, in the train along side with it. I remember singing, dancing and enjoying the moments with it. It is such a wonderful soulmate, gave me a sense of comfort that I can always run to. Its also a witness to my changing moods. Maybe it complained back then. How can a person be such a moody, happy in the morning but sad in the night. How come this silly girl cried over a song that's not even her love song. It must be confused and had a tough time with me. 

But I never thought about that until the day I lost it.. So much pains, it dented in my heart. Will my heart ever recover? Mom said I can.. Yes, maybe I can. But I certainly do not know when. 

Thank you soulmate. It's been a pleasure to spend 6 years together. Though bad and goods. Through ups and down. Together we sailed a good life. Now that you might have docked somewhere, I know I have to move on. Thank you.. Thank you for being with me all this times. Our moments together is precious. Thank you.. Thank you.. 

P.s. God.. I thank You too.. For giving me such a wonderful friend. Now its your turn to be my friend.. Be patient with me God.. I still a moody person as I was before. Please lead me to good. Amin

0 comments:

Post a Comment