Sunday, April 15, 2012

First On-Board Travel with ThaiAir : not that pleasant one

Maybe I get too used to Garuda Indonesia, flying with Thai Airways feels suck. I was exited actually to fly with Thai air since this would be my first time flying with them. Trying a new airline is always fun. Plus, many consider thai air to be an excellent airlines, better that Garuda Indonesia? They are even a member of star alliance, one group with a buddy like Singapore Air. But sadly, I am disappointed.

Okay, let's get down to the reason behind it. When the office booked me a seat with Thai air for a 3.5 hours flight to Bangkok, I was expecting full inflight entertainment. That's not what I got. No screen in front of me and only big screen in the cabin. Fine then.. So I turned to their inflight audio. And I was disappointed. Since I am a sucker for east Asian music, I went directly to Chinese and japanese channel. First off, I didnt get my Japanese Chanel and the Chinese channel plays only old musics, old enough not to be called latest and greatest as advertised. So, I turned on my iPod.

My next disappointment came later when the stewardess took more than 30 minutes just to give me the pen that I wished to borrow. Not to disappoint her tough, a passenger next to me is kind enough to lend me one.

I spent the time writing on my travel book, long enough until I realized the passenger next to me got served with special seafood serving (as requested, as I learned later). Again to my disappointment, it took a full 15 minutes before they got me. So, here's the thing about food serving on board with Thai air. Serve the requested food first and give the other non- requested later on. As if, the one who didn't order firsthand is not important. Suck!!!

In addition to that, I almost went viral when they didn't give us a water alongside our food. Man, come on.. Do you expect people to eat and eat, and no drink in between? What drove me crazy was that they went around asking other passengers if they wish to have wine. WHHYYY?? Only good 10 minutes later, just when I was about to finish my meal that they came to my row asking what I would like to drink. And when I zipped it in seconds, they ignored me when I asked for a second serving to mineral water. Great, you call that an excellent serving? What saved them from me yelling Them is good blueberry mouse dessert.

So, if you ask me will I take Thai air next time I fly to Bangkok, I will go with other choice. I will even put Garuda as my first choice. I guess,that explains why I was on the waiting list when I asked for garuda before I finally got Thai air ticket. And maybe, that also proves that Garuda maybe really deserve a tittle of most improved airlines by skytrax .  A tittle that I had doubted till the moment I was on board with Thai Air.


P.s. the return flight to Jakarta wasn't as bad as the one to Bangkok. No light on the cabin showing passenger unattended needs. And I got my inflight entertainment which made me a little happy camper on board

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maу I simply juѕt sаy ωhat a relief to ԁіѕcοver
sοmeοnе that really knоwѕ what
thеy аre discussing on the intегnet.
You аctually understand hοw to bring an
issue to light anԁ make it important. More people ought tо check this out and underѕtand
this siԁе of the story. It's surprising you aren't moгe pοpulaг sincе you definitely
have the gift.

Feel fгeе to visit my webpage ... Villa Teman - www.howztat.com

Post a Comment