Monday, November 17, 2008

Fish Cake and the Falling Leaf

To be honest, I am writing this notes with guilty feeling. Why? Actually, i supposed to finish a paper on low carbon future tonight as I have to submit it tomorrow. But then, I remember when my brain works at its best. a deadliner brain, works perfect from 2-5 am ;P

So, rather than spending my afternoon (read 1-5) in front of the computer and racks my brain out, I choose to enjoy Rits Festival. It`s an annual student festival with multiple stages for music performance, countless food stall and flea market. Rits is changing its color today. Like the leaf which change from green into red and yellow this autumn. While wandering around the super crowded campus with Kisi, I found one food stall that steal my whole attention. The stall is none other than たいやきfood stall, or FISH CAKE!  

Despite its simple design, this fish cake is actually my favorite food in Japan sooo far. It is sweet cake with red bean inside. Eat it while it is still hot. nyam..nyam...nyam...yummmyyy.... ask everybody who went this with me to buy this; mas meidi, kisi, hisashi or irene; and you will know how much i love this particular cake. Ooohh... I can`t stop eating that. And what`s the best of all, I finally know that Japan sell the ready fish cake on package!!! So, all i need to do is to fry them and it is ready to serve. YAAAYYY!!! I am on my way to hunt those fish cake packages! hahahahahahaa.....

While to finally find one good food is certainly one thing, to find a replacement for one favorite smell is just another good thing. Back home, I always love the smell of wet soil after the rain. So far as I can remember, I always like to spent hours in front of my house and my boarding house garden after the rain. The smell is so nice and distinctive. 

When I experience my first rain in Japan, I couldn`t wait for the rain to stop and smell that one good smell. But I was left with empty hope. The smell was not there. I couldn`t find it... I was a bit sad, but I keep my hope high though. I guess, God is always let us to feel home whereever we are, coz this earth is just one. Yesterday, when I had music performance in Kyoto University, I finally find one nice smell that reminds me of the wet soil one. It is the smell of falling leaf in the garden after the rain. How can I distict that? here`s the case. We had a performance in one building. But we had to practice in front of the next building. Between this two building, there is a huge garden of which trees are letting go of its leaf. And it was after the rain yesterday.. After having to go back and forth between the two building, I realize that the garden has this wonderful smell that keep your heart in calm and peaceful state. The combination of the falling leaf, the rain and wet soil is just amazing. I wish Rits has those kind of garden. I would love to stay in front of it for hours rather than in this one small computer room..

fish cake and falling leaf.. what could be better than this two :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment